[Dovecot] Multiple Folders Continually Auto-Created

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Jul 12 02:50:54 EEST 2013

On 12.7.2013, at 1.50, Cassidy Larson <alandaluz at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've had reports of a number of clients running Outlook 2011 on Mac where
> they have quite a few folders with the same name appended by multiple
> "1"s.  So far I've only narrowed it down to Outlook 2011 on Mac.  We've
> been in the process of migrating to sdbox on a new server from maildir
> using dsync backup.
>
> Seems that the the default folders for these clients are getting created
> over and over again, each time with a new "1" at the end.
>
> Anybody else see this?  I'm digging for a client I can troubleshoot with
> and reproduce with me watching.

Enable rawlog for the user to see what Outlook does: http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Debugging/Rawlog

sdbox has some minor differences in how the folder listing works, but since these are root level folders I don't think that's relevant.

What Dovecot version are you using? Are you autocreating any folders on Dovecot side?