[Dovecot] courier to dovecot

Kelsey Cummings kgc at corp.sonic.net
Wed Jul 17 02:57:21 EEST 2013

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 03:13:54PM -0700, J Gao wrote:
> Now I want to build a new system on CentOS 6.4 64bit with postfix,
> dovecot and migrate all user accounts and their emails.

I assume you've already reviewed the migration pages on the wiki?

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Migration/Courier

My only advice would be to consider dropping the INBOX. prefix - this
has some significant affects for the migration but will prevent
headaches from clients that don't handle namespaces correctly (like all
iOS devices.)  Or, maybe add a second hidden namespace for INBOX.
compatibility so existing clients that are hard coded hopefully wont
trip up on themselves too bad.

--
Kelsey Cummings - kgc at corp.sonic.net      sonic.net, inc.
System Architect                          2260 Apollo Way