[Dovecot] POP3 issues

Thomas I Higgins TIHiggins at uss.com
Wed Jul 24 18:50:38 EEST 2013

I have been trying off and on for the better part of a year to get a
dovecot server migrated from one machine to another.  It is currently
working on CENTOS and we are trying to get it on Redhat.  Currently I have
everything migrated and working in IMAP, but we have one client device that
requires POP3 (doesn't support IMAP).  To this end, we have set up
everything to work in POP3 as far as I can tell.

In the dovecot.conf file, we show:

protocols = imap imaps pop3 pop3s
protocol pop3 {
	  pop3_uidl_format = %08Xu%08Xv
}

The services running include:

dovecot-auth
imap-login
imap-login
imap-login
pop3-login
pop3-login
pop3-login

Everything else looks good including the logs which seem to show proper
connectivity - messages are being received, accounts are connecting and
disconnecting, etc. but the pop connections are not (apparently) passing
messages found in that box.  They are still just sitting there, not being
read, picked up, or otherwise delivered by dovecot.  Any ideas on what else
I can check or change to get this to pick up?

Thanks,
Tom Higgins