[Dovecot] Fw: POP3 issues

Thomas I Higgins TIHiggins at uss.com
Wed Jul 24 19:02:44 EEST 2013

Sorry - forgot to mention it is on Dovecot version 1.0.7 and RHEL 5.6

Tom

>I have been trying off and on for the better part of a year to get a
dovecot server migrated from one machine to another.  It is currently
working on CENTOS and we are trying to get it on Redhat.  Currently I have
everything migrated and >working in IMAP, but we have one client device
that requires POP3 (doesn't support IMAP).  To this end, we have set up
everything to work in POP3 as far as I can tell.

>In the dovecot.conf file, we show:
>
>protocols = imap imaps pop3 pop3s
>protocol pop3 {
>	  pop3_uidl_format = %08Xu%08Xv
>}
>
>The services running include:
>
>dovecot-auth
>imap-login
>imap-login
>imap-login
>pop3-login
>pop3-login
>pop3-login
>
>Everything else looks good including the logs which seem to show proper
connectivity - messages are being received, accounts are connecting and
disconnecting, etc. but the pop connections are not (apparently) passing
messages >found in that box.  They are still just sitting there, not being
read, picked up, or otherwise delivered by dovecot.  Any ideas on what else
I can check or change to get this to pick up?