[Dovecot] MS asks for feedback on standards support in Outlook/Exchange

Robert Schetterer rs at sys4.de
Sat Jun 1 21:16:49 EEST 2013

Am 01.06.2013 19:53, schrieb Robert Schetterer:
> My simple answer always is, Outlook is the client of exchange, with few
> stuff supporting normal internet mail ( imap etc ), dont use it with
> internet mail or live with its problems

After all, it may suprise some people, in real ,there is no Outlook 2013
or whatever outlook version, as every software, outlook versions have
additional patchlevels , most times changes are small, but getting big
with so called service packs.

Exchange Admins in big win networks know this small changes by
somnetimes their rising number support tickets after an upgrade or have
to upgrade exchange same day

So even a internet mail test with some Outlook version may work
sometime, but it must not work the same after some outlook update or its
results may differ

To be fair ,same may happen with thunderbird etc too

At last, i guess everyone who reads tecnet, might say that its quality
is getting better of the years , but its not comparable to the high
quality docs on big open source projects, also typical microsoft speech
sometimes is hard to understand by naming stuff in other words
like its allready used in open source projects, bad translating in other
languages doubles the problems sometimes.
Sometimes tecnet reading makes me laugh, by marketing features in new
exchange version which allready exists in open source mailers since
years......

Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer

--