[Dovecot] An unconstructive grumble

Brian Hayden bdh at machinehum.com
Mon Jun 3 17:53:11 EEST 2013

On Jun 3, 2013, at 9:48 AM, /dev/rob0 <rob0 at gmx.co.uk> wrote:

> The only constructive suggestion I can make here is to scrap it and
> start over with system users. Let PAM / your OS handle the username
> and password and other daunting tasks.

+1. I've spent a lot of time waist-deep in dovecot, but one of the things I love about it is that when I need to set up IMAP mail access for a couple users for someone's home or business, it can be done in less than ten minutes. Create the system users, change about four lines in the default configuration, and done.

-brian