[Dovecot] Fw: Cannot Authenticate via LDAP

Alex Crow acrow at integrafin.co.uk
Tue Jun 4 20:43:12 EEST 2013

Forgot to say that the lines below would be part of a file included thusly:

passdb {
   driver = ldap

   # Path for LDAP configuration file, see
example-config/dovecot-ldap.conf.ext
   args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf.ext
}

userdb {
   driver = prefetch
}

userdb {
   driver = ldap
   args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf.ext
}

And in the /ettc/dovecot-ldap.conf.ext as well as the examples I gave
you'll also need a line like:

uris =  ldap://myldapserver1 ldap://myldapserver2

(I use 2 servers with referrals to the master)

Also look up iterate_attrs and iterate_filter to let doveadm and other
things iterate over accounts.

Cheers

Alex