[Dovecot] Dovecot 2.2.2: doveadm user doesn't honor -x option

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Jun 16 20:19:10 EEST 2013

Fixed: http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.2/rev/c290383e60da

> The same config with Dovecot 2.1.16 yields expected results.

v2.1 worked a bit differently by returning only the userdb info and skipping the dovecot.conf settings. Giving -u parameter to doveadm user uses the old way, and the service works also there.

> 2. This is more a question.
>
> Issuing above command first writes this to the log:
>
> 	prefetch(someuser at example.com): passdb didn't return userdb entries, trying the next userdb
>
> Is there really an attempt to make use of the prefetch database?

Yes.

> If yes, under which circumstances could it succeed?

Never with only a userdb lookup. But it's generic code. I guess the debug log entry could be hidden if it disturbs people too much..