[Dovecot] [Dovcot 2.2.2] Q: Prequisits for compiling and plugins

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Jun 16 21:31:40 EEST 2013

Dovecot doesn't really require anything, but depending on what features you want to use you may need to install some libraries, like openssl. http://wiki2.dovecot.org/CompilingSource has some things if you want to compile from Mercurial.

In general: If it compiles, it works. http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-metadata-plugin/ has v2.2 compatibility. At some point in v2.2.x development it will probably have native METADATA support.