[Dovecot] [Dovcot 2.2.2] Q: Prequisits for compiling and plugins

Christoph Hintermüller christoph at out-world.com
Fri Jun 14 10:11:11 EEST 2013

Hi

Where can i find the list of prerequisites for compiling dovocot 2.2.2
form the sources, is there a dedicated link or what terms i should best
use to search the archives of this mailing list, the documentation or
the web?

Where do I find information (links or search terms) whether plugins
available for 1.x 2.1.x series, especially the metadata plugin,  are
still needed for 2.2.2 or may even be harmful for 2.2.2 as built in.
Documentation on Dovecot webpage is rather sparse and not really
conclusive concerning metadata plugin within 2.x series. On my Ubuntu
12.X systems i still find it for 2.1.x but I have difficulties to
understand whether there exist a version for 2.2.X series, if this is
equal to the one for 2.1.X or whether it is not needed any more for
2.2.X series. Further what libraries would be required.

Greetings
Christoph