[Dovecot] auth probes without IP - "Initial status notification not received ..."

LEVAI Daniel leva at ecentrum.hu
Mon Jun 17 11:00:17 EEST 2013

Hi!

I've been getting a bunch of these messages lately in my logs:

dovecot: master: Error: service(auth): Initial status notification not received in 30 seconds, killing the process
dovecot: auth: Fatal: master: service(auth): child 11016 killed with signal 9
dovecot: master: Error: service(auth): Initial status notification not received in 30 seconds, killing the process
dovecot: auth: Fatal: master: service(auth): child 27660 killed with signal 9

# fgrep -c -e "master: Error: service(auth): Initial status" dovecot.log*
[...]
dovecot.log.1:501
dovecot.log.2:250
[...]

But I can not link these auth probes to any IP addresses within the
dovecot log files. This is dovecot-2.2.2 on OpenBSD-stable.

What do you guys suggest?

Thanks,
Daniel

--