[Dovecot] A common, read-only IMAP INBOX for all accounts

Gus canobix at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 15:46:34 EEST 2013

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 10:25 AM, Steffen Kaiser <
skdovecot at smail.inf.fh-brs.de> wrote:

> see http://wiki2.dovecot.org/**SharedMailboxes/Public<http://wiki2.dovecot.org/SharedMailboxes/Public>
>
> "
> Maildir: Per-user \Seen flag
>
> With Maildir a dovecot-shared file controls if the \Seen flags are shared
> or private. "
>
> The SEEN status is "encoded" in the filesystem in Maildir not Dovecot
> index file per default.

Thanks, yes, I figured it out from a similar discussion going on in here
last week. I just created an empty "dovecot-shared" file in that mailbox
and it worked like a charm. Checked the docs later - the phrasing
that mentions this file is not too clear, maybe adding a note like "make
sure you create this (empty) file in the mailbox" would help.

Anyway, from the info I gathered, I assume my concept of providing
a shared INBOX should work with no problems which is great.