[Dovecot] Sieve file permission problem

Zoltan Lippai zoli at lippai.net
Wed Jun 19 17:48:23 EEST 2013

Hi folks,

I am using dovecot 2.1.7 with the ManageSieve plugin which works great. Recently I set up Afterlogic webmail on my server (the community version) and it has a nice UI to manage the sieve settings. It uses port 2000 to communicate with dovecot via the ManageSieve plugin. Also, dovecot uses Maildirs to store the messages.

The problem is that the permissions on the files that store the sieve rules are to strict.
I am talking about the "sieve" directory and the .dovecot.sieve file.
The sieve folder has a chmod 700 and the .dovecot.sieve is chmod 600. Both are owned by vmail:mail

If I delete these two items, then the rules can be saved via the web interface. Then these files are created but for some reason the ManageSieve plugin can't modify them.

Here is the output of dovecot -n:
http://pastebin.com/4eqyBKCA

Can you help me out on this?

Thanks a lot!