[Dovecot] Sieve file permission problem

Zoltan Lippai zoli at lippai.net
Thu Jun 20 11:16:11 EEST 2013

Thanks for the answer, I'm not sure what you mean by the additional permission details.
Here is a quick example:
/var/mail/domainname.hu/zolcsi chmod: 700, owner: vmail:mail
After I set the initial sieve filters, the following file and directory gets created:
/var/mail/domainname.hu/zolcsi/sieve (directory) chmod: 700, owner: vmail:mail
/var/mail/domainname.hu/zolcsi/.dovecot.sieve (symlink to the sieve/sieve.sieve file) chmod: 600, owner: vmail:mail

After these two are created then the webmail can't modify them unless I delete the files manually.

I looked in the mail.log and mail.err files, but couldn't find anything related to this.
Perhaps if I set the log level to a higher value?

Or is it possible to connect via telnet to port 2000 and issue some commands to see the actual answers of the ManageSieve server?

Best regards,
Zoltan