[Dovecot] MySQL tables and official documenttation

Thomas Harold thomas-lists at nybeta.com
Thu Jun 20 23:37:29 EEST 2013

On 6/20/2013 9:04 AM, Mohsen Pahlevanzadeh wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Unfortunately, i created my tables according to the older tutorial, i
> search in dovecot.org and postfix.org but i didn't find any official
> documentation for tables.
> I want to use PF 2.10 and dovecot 2.
> Its tutorial was wrote on debian etch. eatch is very old.

You'll want to look at the following website for postfixadmin stuff:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/postfixadmin/
http://postfixadmin.sourceforge.net/

Roughly, the install process is:

1. Create a database user in mysql and create the database
2. Install the postfixadmin tgz contents somewhere under /var/www
3. Fire up your webbrowser and point it at the postfixadmin setup.php URL

If you follow the install directions, the postfixadmin page will create
your database for you.  After which you can start populating the
database with domains, mailboxes and aliases.

(Installing RoundCube is a similar process.)