[Dovecot] doveadm move syntax

Thomas Harold thomas-lists at nybeta.com
Thu Jun 20 23:55:30 EEST 2013

On 6/19/2013 10:25 PM, vincent truc wrote:
> Hello
>
> I want to forward an email to user1 at domain.com box to the box user2 at domain.com
>
> For this I try to use 'doveadm move', but I'm having problems with the syntax.
>
> Could you give me an example please?

Assuming that you looked at "man doveadm-move" (I had to dig for a few
minutes to uncover that)...

EXAMPLE
Move jane's messages - received in September 2011 - from her INBOX into
her archive.

doveadm move -u jane Archive/2011/09 mailbox INBOX BEFORE \
2011-10-01 SINCE 01-Sep-2011

At a guess... "Archive/2011/09" can be either a path relative to the
origin user, or an absolute destination such as:

maildir:/backup/20101126/jane.doe/Maildir

I don't know if it automatically handles putting the proper permissions
on the destination files though.  I'm basing that guess on the examples
at the bottom of "man doveadm-import".