[Dovecot] Sieve Plugin Setup

Daniel Parthey d.parthey at metaways.de
Sat Jun 22 01:52:31 EEST 2013

Hi Denny,

Am 20.06.2013 05:21, schrieb Denny Jones:
> I've got an existing setup that I want to add Sieve filtering to. I'm on QmailToaster:
>
> qmailadmin-toaster-1.2.16-1.4.0
>
> I using Dovecot version 2.0.11
>
> I'm looking for a good tutorial for installing Sieve Rules functionality on an existing system. Anybody know of one?
> Anybody else done this? Do I just install the latest Dovecot-sieve plugin release with wget, etc?

You will need to use prebuilt-packages of Dovecot and Pigeonhole or
recompile Pigeonhole against your current Dovecot version so that there
is no version mismatch between them.

> What kind of configuration can I expect to have to go through.
> Do I have to reconfigure Dovecot to work in conjunction with the Sieve plugin?

The pigeonhole module adds SIEVE functionality to Dovecot,
the Dovecot wiki describes how to download and install it:

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/Installation

Dovecot configuration for SIEVE plugin is documented at:

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/Sieve
http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/Sieve/Configuration

Regards
Daniel
--
Dipl.-Inf. Daniel Parthey
System Engineer

E-Mail: d.parthey at metaways.de
Web:    http://www.metaways.de
Tel:    +49 (0)40 317031-537
Fax:    +49 (0)40 317031-937

Metaways Infosystems GmbH - Sitz: D-22967 Tremsbüttel
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Lübeck HRB 4508 AH
Geschäftsführung: Hermann Thaele, Lüder-H.Thaele