[Dovecot] Calling dovecot-lda from within Antispam pipe script (bash) seems to have no effect

Joseph Tam jtam.home at gmail.com
Sat Jun 22 03:56:37 EEST 2013

Ben Johnson <ben at indietorrent.org> writes:

> I added debugging output to the script, which now prints the environment
> variables. My script now outputs the following:
> CONFIG_FILE=/var/run/dovecot/config
> Does anything jump-out at you?

You didn't provide the analogous output from the interactive shell to
see the differences (for example, USER might be being used), but from
your later strace, I guess CONFIG_FILE has something to do with it.

These threads seems relevant

 	http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2011-May/059127.html
 	http://www.mail-archive.com/dovecot@dovecot.org/msg38349.html

That thread poster solved his problem by commenting out

 	service imap-postlogin {
 	# user = $default_internal_user
 	}

but I have no idea if it works, or whether it's a good idea, for your
case.  More docs

 	http://wiki2.dovecot.org/PostLoginScripting

Joseph Tam <jtam.home at gmail.com>