[Dovecot] Upgrading 1.2 to 2.x

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Wed Mar 6 03:56:30 EET 2013

On Tue, 2013-03-05 at 15:33 -0800, Professa Dementia wrote:

> I am basing most of this on my experience of RedHat vs. the SuSE
> configuration for Apache.  The split files of SuSE were always easier to

httpd, which utilises identical directives is nothing like Dovecot with
split config files containing different directives, no comparison.

> manage and had less problems.  And when there was a problem, I knew
> exactly where to go to look, and that file generally fit on one editor
> screen so I could see all the applicable directives all at once, instead
> of wading through a huge file, scrolling up and down, accidentally
> changing the wrong stanza, etc.

You got serious problems if your dovecot.conf ends up like a large httpd
config with thousands of vhosts...
my conf file is massive, so massive its like , wow, 4.7k in size, I
should really split that into a bunch of tiny idy bidy files :)