[Dovecot] Question regarding Postfix and Dovecot

Daniel Reinhardt cryptodan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 01:27:22 EET 2013

Timo,

First thank you for taking the time to reply to this, but I tried using
various LDA Command line suggestions from various places on the net, and
Postfix is not even seeing that dovecot is listed in the master.cf file as
a unix socket.

I have tried using LMTP and again it is not seeing that postfix is
configured to use dovecot-lmtp as a mail delivery agent for postfix.  The
way postfix works with dovecot is via mail-stack-delivery and use of
mailbox_command that is set up within main.cf If I comment that out postfix
sends to default mode which is Maildir in the users /home directory.

I have configured SQL Lookups successfully for authentication within
postfix and dovecot, its just the mail delivery agent that is not working.
 I even tried the sudo method, and that also failed.

Don't get me wrong Dovecot is a nice piece of software, but maybe getting
rid of the multiple files could make things easier, and a couple of sample
configs could then be included in the source.

And I am here trying to learn something new that I could put to use in a
future job if I were ever told to setup an email server to replace an
exchange system to handle multiple domains for various people.

So thanks for allowing me to learn another process of setting up a server
with email.

Sincerely,
Daniel Reinhardt

--