[Dovecot] Dovecot with sasl/imaps/postfix and thunderbird

Alex mysqlstudent at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 05:10:11 EET 2013

>> https://www.rapidsslonline.com/
>> less than $20/year, takes literally 15 minutes from start to having
>> a certificate.  Well, maybe 30 minutes the first time when you need
>> to read everything.
>>
>> There are probably dozens of other sites offering similar services;
>> I've used this one several times.
>
> Namecheap reseller: $5/year
>
>    https://www.cheapssls.com/

I ended up buying one from rapidsslonline, after I learned they
require authorization from only the subdomain, not the top-level. I'll
check out cheapssls.com as well.

I'm not quite sure yet, but it seems these are only supported with the
most current browsers? If a customer visits with, say, IE8 or IE6, are
they going to have an issue? (not that they ever should be, or that it
would probably affect my purchasing choice; I was just curious because
I'm seeing some old browsers and fielding some support issues now.)

Thanks,
Alex