[Dovecot] Outlook 2013 - mounting folders with XLIST

Hajo Locke hajo.locke at gmx.de
Mon Mar 25 18:14:33 EET 2013

Hello,

> I also used your suggested userdb_import setting, but seems that i have no
> luck today. with and without prefetching there are no folders etc.
> autocreated.

now i have a partially success.

the autocreate works if mailbox hallohallo is basically created in conf file
with special_use purpose:

namespace inbox {
  inbox = yes
}

namespace inbox {

  mailbox hallohallo {
  special_use = \Sent
        auto=no
}

}

userdb_import: namespace/inbox/mailbox=hallohallo
namespace/inbox/mailbox/hallohallo/auto=subscribe

In this case the settings from userdb_import override this part of conffile
and folder hallohallo is autocreated and accepted by outlook 2013. (works
only without prefetch)
but my goal is to put also the special_use purpose per user to userdb.
i reduced conf file to:

namespace inbox {
  inbox = yes
}

now i extended userdb_import to:

namespace/inbox/mailbox=hallohallo
namespace/inbox/mailbox/hallohallo/special_use=\Sent
namespace/inbox/mailbox/hallohallo/auto=subscribe

At this point nothing happens. there is no folder autocreated and telnet
session shows no special_use folder.
Is there a possibility to put the complete special_folders config to userdb?

Thanks,
Hajo