[Dovecot] Postfix/Dovecot/lmtp with virtual and local users

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Mar 31 11:53:29 EEST 2013

On 22.3.2013, at 11.53, David Obando <david at cryptix.de> wrote:

> Timo Sirainen schrieb am 22.03.2013 09:48:
>> Maybe. Depends on your Dovecot version and passdb/userdb
>> configuration. So, doveconf -n output?
> I use version 2.1.7 from the backports repo on Debian Squeeze.
>
> passdb {
>  args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf.ext
>  driver = sql
> }
> passdb {
>  driver = pam
> }

Nope, you can't currently do "user at domain" auth for sql and "user" for PAM. You could try using passdb checkpassword instead though, which allows you to script it any way you want.

> userdb {
>  args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf.ext
>  driver = sql
> }
> userdb {
>  driver = passwd
> }

Also userdb passwd can't do that.

I've thought of adding a generic passdb/userdb { auth_username_format } setting, but that doesn't exist yet. Would be easy to do though..