[Dovecot] Mail deduplication

Tim Groeneveld tim at timgws.com.au
Wed May 1 03:00:42 EEST 2013

----- Original Message -----
> This only dedupes attachments - which, in my opinion, is the only
> part of deduplicating email that is really worth it.
>
> [snip]
>
> I am expecting at least a 40-60% reduction in our storage when I
> implement this on my new server soon.

Thanks guys for all of your messages. Maybe I was getting too
excited about saving storage everywhere possible.

After thinking about it a little bit more, I have determined
that just recombining the messages to send them to the client
will be too intensive, and will cause extra latencies when
retrieving emails.

Regards,
Tim