[Dovecot] Mail deduplication

Angel L. Mateo amateo at um.es
Thu May 2 09:18:12 EEST 2013

El 30/04/13 11:22, Jan-Frode Myklebust escribió:
> Wasn't there also some issue with cleanup of attachments ? Not being able
> to delete the last copy, or something. I did some testing of using SIS on a

	In tests I have done (with dovecot 2.1.16) cleanup is done well. When
the last copy of the message is deleted, attachment is deleted. But you
have to get in mind that when using mdbox, to really delete the message
is have to be purged.

> backup dsync destination a year (or two) ago, and got quite confused..
> Don't quite remember the problems I had, but I did lose confidence in it
> and decided having the attachement together with the messages felt safest.
>
> I would also love to hear from admins using it on large scale (100K+ active
> users). Maybe we should reconsider using it..

	I'm planning to use it in a server with 60-70K users, but it is not in
production yet.

--
Angel L. Mateo Martínez
Sección de Telemática