[Dovecot] Debian Stable [WAS dual stack issue]

Ron Leach ronleach at tesco.net
Fri May 3 14:48:54 EEST 2013

On 03/05/2013 10:50, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On 3.5.2013, at 12.46, Timo Sirainen<tss at iki.fi>  wrote:
>
>> Hmm. So Debian stable is switching from Dovecot v1.0 ->  v2.1? Maybe it would be worth mentioning this somewhere.
>
> No, previous stable had v1.2.15, so I guess there won't be any mass moving from v1.0 to v2.x.

I've just newly put Debian Stable on a machine.  Stable does have
1.2.15, as you say.  I've enabled squeeeze-backports, which also
allows me to install 2.1.7 (dovecot-core 2.1.7-7~bpo50+1, as I write).

(I've not installed either yet, still checking how to bring the
real-user maildirs across from 1.0.15 without losing the metadata, so
that all the clients (meaning the human ones) don't have a shock at
seeing xx,000 'new' mails.  Recently discussed on the list, so plenty
of advice.)

regards, Ron