[Dovecot] Pigeonhole for 2.2?

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Mon May 6 05:02:44 EEST 2013

On Mon, 2013-05-06 at 10:56 +1000, Reuben Farrelly wrote:

> On 6/05/2013 10:46 AM, Noel Butler wrote:
> > The problem with dovecot is, Timo does not release rc's or beta's where
> > this testing could show the bugs found and ironed out for a _real_
> > release  this is why it often takes 10 or so point releases for most
> > bugs to come to light and be fixed. I can assure you, I likely will not
> > move production to 2.2 until 2.2.some_high_number
>
> Huh?
>
> http://www.dovecot.org/oldnews.html
>
> Shows at least two 2.2 betas and four RC's, seven RC's of 2.1, and three
> betas of 2.0.

Well, things have changed, since Timo once said he wouldn't... however,
unlike some apparently, I do not live on the website, I am however on
announce list, and see no messages relating to beta's or rc's there (or
here from memory), where one expects to be notified :) and since it's a
long way from AU to FI, and very cloudy here lately, my ESP is failing
me.

PS
I have not got it, but I see from this msg header you CC'd to me direct
as well? why are you not honouring the list headers, which is set as
reply-to list? Please fix your client.