[Dovecot] Pigeonhole for 2.2?

Reuben Farrelly reuben-dovecot at reub.net
Mon May 6 05:20:55 EEST 2013

On 6/05/2013 12:02 PM, Noel Butler wrote:
> On Mon, 2013-05-06 at 10:56 +1000, Reuben Farrelly wrote:
>
>> On 6/05/2013 10:46 AM, Noel Butler wrote:
>>> The problem with dovecot is, Timo does not release rc's or beta's where
>>> this testing could show the bugs found and ironed out for a _real_
>>> release  this is why it often takes 10 or so point releases for most
>>> bugs to come to light and be fixed. I can assure you, I likely will not
>>> move production to 2.2 until 2.2.some_high_number
>>
>> Huh?
>>
>> http://www.dovecot.org/oldnews.html
>>
>> Shows at least two 2.2 betas and four RC's, seven RC's of 2.1, and three
>> betas of 2.0.
>>

> Well, things have changed, since Timo once said he wouldn't... however,
> unlike some apparently, I do not live on the website, I am however on
> announce list, and see no messages relating to beta's or rc's there (or
> here from memory), where one expects to be notified :) and since it's a
> long way from AU to FI, and very cloudy here lately, my ESP is failing
> me.

No need for ESP.  This very mailing list you are subscribed to now got
all those announcements.  You don't even need to check the website.  The
NEWS list also received all of these:

http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot-news/

Examples:

http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2013-January/140156.html
http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2012-January/062944.html
http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2010-August/051544.html

I'm also in Australia and have no problems seeing these messages from FI.

> PS
> I have not got it, but I see from this msg header you CC'd to me direct
> as well? why are you not honouring the list headers, which is set as
> reply-to list? Please fix your client.

That's what happens when you use Reply-All.  Not much chance of having
Thunderbird 17 "fixed" given Mozilla are winding down support for it.

My postfix logs show that your mail server accepted the mail from me at
10:56am and gave me a "250 2.0.0 OK" - which is 90 minutes ago.

Perhaps you might want to arrange for someone to fix your mail server,
because you also obviously aren't receiving all the mails from all the
lists you claim to be subscribed to, nor the one that my server sent you
directly.  There are plenty of people on this list who can probably help
you with these rather complex mail issues you are experiencing ;)

Reuben