[Dovecot] Pigeonhole for 2.2?

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Mon May 6 10:09:14 EEST 2013

On Mon, 2013-05-06 at 12:20 +1000, Reuben Farrelly wrote:

> Examples:
>
> http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2013-January/140156.html
> http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2012-January/062944.html
> http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2010-August/051544.html

I 've kept messages from this list since its last clean-out, in 08,
those message do not appear, it seems on jan 13, dovecots mail server
had no PTR entry, seems 11 messages in total missing - not my problem,
no idea about earlier examples, cant be bothered getting out the tape
and checking.

> I'm also in Australia and have no problems seeing these messages from FI.

you missed the point of my "smart arse" remark

> My postfix logs show that your mail server accepted the mail from me at
> 10:56am and gave me a "250 2.0.0 OK" - which is 90 minutes ago.
>
> Perhaps you might want to arrange for someone to fix your mail server,
> because you also obviously aren't receiving all the mails from all the

Well, since you're so concerned, I'll go look ....   /me back ..   no
problem exists, amavisd nuked it, it seems one of the clamav extras
rulesets triggered, it just doesn't like you it seems.

> directly.  There are plenty of people on this list who can probably help
> you with these rather complex mail issues you are experiencing ;)

*chuckles* I'm rather happy with the way my anti-spam does its job,
although not identical to the commercial servers since there are too
many dummies running mail hosting servers and vps's,and that includes
idiots in govt IT units,  there have been no complaints in a long time,
well, since we ceased using SORBS anyway.