[Dovecot] pop3 login ok then disconnects right away..outlook

markh meh47960 at yahoo.com
Tue May 7 01:51:22 EEST 2013

I have dovecot with postfix on ubuntu server 12

I cannot log into outgoing server with outlook.

It logs into incoming server ok with outlook.

I can telnet pop3 and imap ok.

Looking at mail log it looks like dovecot auths: ok then shows

pop3-login: Login: user=<user> USER#etc ok ...

then next line shows..same second

pop3(user): disconnected: Logged out top/0/0 etc.

I have tried a lot of combinations with ssl ,tls none

Any suggestions...thanks