[Dovecot] pop3 login ok then disconnects right away..outlook

Christian Schmidt Christian.Schmidt at chemie.uni-hamburg.de
Tue May 7 12:53:32 EEST 2013

Hello markh,

markh, 07.05.2013 (d.m.y):

> I have dovecot with postfix on ubuntu server 12
>
> I cannot log into outgoing server with outlook.

That's no dovecot issue. Outgoing mails will (or will not) be accepted
by your postfix (if it is configured in a way that permits relaying).

You should check if you can connect to the smtp (25) or submission
(587) port of your server, take a look at your mail log etc.

Gruss/Regards,
Christian Schmidt

--
You have been selected for a secret mission.