[Dovecot] ot: mirroring/archiving to a Mac?

voytek at sbt.net.au voytek at sbt.net.au
Wed May 8 03:30:19 EEST 2013

I have Doveot 2.1.1 on Centos, all's well

user mails are kept for 60 days, then, 'aged off' (deleted)

a Mac user with two domains and two dozen users asked me:

can I set a mail server on my home Mac server, and, 'mirror' the real mail
server mailboxes so than I can have an offline mail archive for ever ?

I know very little about Macs, can I setup dovceot on Mac?
any tips/suggestions/howtos for mirroring/archiving as so?