[Dovecot] Released Pigeonhole v0.4.0 for Dovecot v2.2.1.

Fri May 10 13:42:02 EEST 2013

On 2013-05-10 4:41 AM, Stan Hoeppner <stan at hardwarefreak.com> wrote:
> On 5/9/2013 11:05 AM, Charles Marcus wrote:
>> This would be awesome, as we deal with a lot of large attachments, and
>> when people are working from home, it can take many many seconds (even a
>> minute or so for very large attachments depending on their internet
>> connection speed) to send, and then it has to do it all over again to
>> save to sent.

> Charles have you looked into Thunderbird Filelink?
>
> https://support.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/kb/filelink-large-attachments
>
> You can use a 3rd party service or your own WebDAV server.  Keeps large
> attachments out of mailbox storage, doesn't save them to Sent Items,
> moves the file over the wire only once.

Hi Stan,

Thanks for the idea, and yes, I'm aware of filelink. While the idea is
nice, it wouldn't fulfill our needs. Our data must be kept private, and
while there is the WebDAV extension, its functionality is very basic
(files with the same name are overwritten silently, no support for
expiring links, etc).

But anyway, I don't much like the idea of totally separating attachments
from emails, it just feels off to me.

Thanks,

Charles