[Dovecot] Sieve was installed but doesn't work or log

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Wed May 15 01:55:52 EEST 2013

On Tue, 2013-05-14 at 12:49 -0400, Jim McNamara wrote:

> Hello everyone.
>
> I have dovecot version 1.2.8 installed from source. This morning I
> installed the sieve plugin to sort emails, and though the install
> reported no errors, the plugin doesn't seem to function, and no mention
> of it is made in the logs when I turn on verbose logging.

with version 1.2.x  I always found cmusieve to behave nicer.

Though, if you are installing from source, why the hell  are you using
something so old?
1.2.17 is the latest in the now unsupported 1.2 series, but if you are
building from source,  try  2.1.16 and dovecot-2.1-pigeonhole-0.3.5,
I've only recently (months ago) moved to 2.1 from 1.2, and it appears
smoother, and lot of niggly things like hung  *-login processes on busy
servers have gone away, without bench testing, I'd even say its more
resource friendly (at least in NFS (without director) configurations)

Are you sure your sieve scripts are valid? do they get compiled?