[Dovecot] userdb section order seems important in config file

Ken A ka at pacific.net
Fri May 24 22:09:57 EEST 2013

Hi Timo, et al,

I'm using Dovecot 2.2.2, with dict file based quota and a quota_rule in
dovecot.conf. I have userdb configured like so:

userdb {
  driver = passwd-file
  args = /etc/dovecot/passwd-file
}
userdb {
  driver = passwd
}

I get the behavior I want with a single line in the passwd-file for any
users that I'd like to override the default quota. BUT, if I list the
userdb sections in the reverse order, with the driver=passwd first, then
the quotas in passwd-file are ignored.

I have a feeling I am counting on undocumented behavior that might
change in the future. Or is this okay to depend on?

Thanks,
Ken

--
Ken Anderson