[Dovecot] Replication on v2.2.6 - I'm stuck (again)

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Nov 2 12:46:58 EET 2013

On 30.10.2013, at 13.01, IT geek 31 <itgeek31 at googlemail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to get Dovecot replication working between two servers.  I
> didn't have much luck on v2.1.3, so after receiving advice from the list I
> have upgraded to v2.2.6.
>
> I now get the error:
>
> Oct 30 11:50:16 server1 dovecot: doveadm(mark): Error: user mark: Auth PASS
> lookup failed
> Oct 30 11:50:16 server2 dovecot: doveadm(mark): Error: sync:
> /var/run/dovecot/auth-userdb: passdb lookup failed (to see if user is
> proxied, because doveadm_port is set)

I don’t think you need to have doveadm_port set, since you’re not replicating over TCP. Remove it and it should just work? Anyway, it still shouldn’t have failed, this fixes it:

http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.2/rev/47848e9fc622

also this gives a bit better error message for the PASS lookup failure:

http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.2/rev/9b45f6d20d9d