[Dovecot] failed: Message has been copied too many times

Joseba Torre joseba.torre at ehu.es
Tue Nov 5 15:59:19 EET 2013

El 05/11/13 09:10, Angel L. Mateo escribió:
> El 31/10/13 16:17, Joseba Torre escribió:
>>
>> Are you sure it's dovecot who is duplicating emails? I have seen this
>
>      No, I'm not sure.
>
>> before (not so many copies, but the same effect) and I've always thought
>> it was a thunderbird thing (in every case I've seen the client was
>> thunderbird, and I think your users also use it).
>>
>      It could be the reason. My users are using thunderbird and this
> problem always happened with users with lot of automatic mails in a
> mailbox, so the could be trying to delete them (although I told to some
> of them and they told me that they didn't, but you know...)

In my personal case, it happens every now and then without any external
activity, and definetly without any manual deleting (may be it's related
to automatic filtering?)

>> I've always solved with the thunderbird function to remove duplicates.
>>
>      Where is this function? Is it a complement?

I don't think so. Just right click on any folder in the folder pane, and
in spanish there is a "Borrar duplicados" option. But I have installed a
"Remove Duplicate Messages (Alternate)" extension, maybe this option
comes from this.

Aaaaaaagur.