[Dovecot] Best way from Mbox to Maildir using 2.17?

Bernd Petrovitsch bernd at petrovitsch.priv.at
Tue Nov 5 11:44:24 EET 2013

On Mon, 2013-11-04 at 19:29 +1000, Noel Butler wrote:
[...]
> think in postfix   home_mailbox = Maildir/ will do it, with sendmail its
> much more tricky and your best sticking with mbox, if exim, NFI - dont

Or - strategically - you use dovecot's LDA which should know where to
throw the mails in.

For sendmail, read http://platyna.platinum.linux.pl/blog/?p=3:
Basically add somewhere in the middle of the /etc/mail/sendmail.mc
(where the other FEATURE() lines are)
----  snip  ----
FEATURE(local_procmail, `/usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver', `deliver -d $u', `SPhnu9')dnl
MODIFY_MAILER_FLAGS(`LOCAL', `-f')dnl
and add the end, we do not need the procmail-mailer (as above uses/modifies the local mailer)
dnl MAILER(procmail)dnl

Caveat emptor: It's Fedora/RedHat-world over here and installation from
RPMs. So check the paths;-)

	Bernd
Bernd Petrovitsch                  Email : bernd at petrovitsch.priv.at
                     LUGA : http://www.luga.at