[Dovecot] Can't get sieve/managedsieve working

Manuel Delgado manuel.delgado at ucr.ac.cr
Fri Nov 8 23:58:08 EET 2013

Hi Alter,

On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 3:19 PM, Alter Depp <Alter.Depp at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am running dovecot 2.1.7 for a while, with roundcube webmail frontend
> 0.9.5 . Now I wanted to add sieve to filter mails. Unfortunately most
> tutorials are for dovecot 1.x but I'm running dovecot 2 on debian wheezy.
> I could upload some scripst with sieve-connect, checked and activated
> them. When I try to edit filters with thunderbird sieve plugin 0.2.2
> nothing happens. If I try to edit filters with roundcube managesieve plugin
> nothing happens, too, but I get some errors in logfile:
>
>> roundcube: "Authentication failed." (3)
>> roundcube: Not currently in AUTHORISATION stata (1):
>>
> Can someone help me, to get it running?

I've a similar design with Dovecot 2.1.7 and Roundcube 0.9.x. I'm using the
SieveRules plugin from JohnDoh and Pigeonhole in Dovecot.

I followed the wiki and everything worked fine, maybe this can help you:
http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/

For example, my configs look something like:
#[...]
protocols = imap lmtp sieve
protocol lmtp {
  mail_plugins = $mail_plugins sieve