[Dovecot] Can't get sieve/managedsieve working

Achim Gottinger achim at ag-web.biz
Sun Nov 10 21:55:37 EET 2013

Am 09.11.2013 14:01, schrieb Stefan Liebl:
> Am 2013-11-08 22:31, schrieb Achim Gottinger:
>> Am 08.11.2013 22:19, schrieb Alter Depp:
>>> I am running dovecot 2.1.7 for a while, with roundcube webmail
>>> frontend 0.9.5 .
>> An wild guess but it may help if you define mail_home as well.
>
> Does this setting exist in dovecot 2? Where should I set it and to what?
>
> Stefan
I had to let mail_home point to an different folder that mail_location,
but i use virtual users and dovecot runs as user vmail only.
http://wiki2.dovecot.org/VirtualUsers/Home.
The thunderbird sieve addon works here with plaintext passwords over
imap or imaps. It does not work with kerberos authetication and may have
an problem with tls as well.
You said you can upload scipts with sieve-connect, do they apply to
incoming mails? I'd go through the manual login and upload tests
described here as well
http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/ManageSieve/Troubleshooting?highlight=%28sieve%29|%28telnet%29

achim~