[Dovecot] Problems with dovecot 2.1.7, spamassassin 3.3.2 and antispam plugin

Robert Schetterer rs at sys4.de
Thu Nov 21 09:56:39 EET 2013

Am 21.11.2013 08:45, schrieb Steffen Kaiser:
> On Wed, 20 Nov 2013, Dean wrote:
>
>> Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 18:05:25 -0500 From: Dean
>> <deano-dovecot at areyes.com> Cc: dovecot at dovecot.org Subject: Re:
>> [Dovecot] Problems with dovecot 2.1.7, spamassassin 3.3.2 and
>> antispam plugin
>
>> Darn.  Thought I had found a good point about pthread_cancel.
>> See the last post here :
>
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gcc-3.3/+bug/40285
>
>> Juergen Perlinger (juergen-perlinger)
>> <https://launchpad.net/%7Ejuergen-perlinger> wrote on
>> 2013-10-25: #30
>
>> <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gcc-3.3/+bug/40285/comments/30>
>

>> I finally tracked it down, I think. The pthread code tries to
>> load libgcc_s on pthread_exit(), and this dos not work when the
>> effective user was changed -- many daemons switch from root to a
>> restricted user, and that's one way to end up in this problem. If
>> the library is loaded globally for the process before the user is
>> changed, everything works.
>
>> This is a problem of the 'pthread_exit()' implementation
>> (delayed/on-demand load of libgcc_s) and/or the 'mmap()'
>> implementation in the kernel.
>

>> I've tried putting /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgcc_s.so.1 into
>> /etc/ld.so.preload, I've changed the exec line in
>> /etc/init/dovecot to
>
>> exec LD_PRELOAD=/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgcc_s.so.1
>> /usr/sbin/dovecot -F -c /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
>
>> and the sa-learn line in /usr/local/bin/sa-learn-pipe.sh to
>
>> LD_PRELOAD=/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgcc_s.so.1 /usr/bin/sa-learn
>> -D --progress $* /tmp/sendmail-msg-$$.txt >>
>> /tmp/sa-learn-pipe.$$.log 2>&1
>
> Does sa-learn change UID? Maybe you can make sa-learn set-uid or
> pass a specific -u /-x .
>
> -- Steffen Kaiser

may off topic , but you may manage spam learn  ham/spam for users
another way too, they only need simply forward mail, i use it like
that way ,since years, it also works with sieve rules. For sure you
have to manage only authed users from your system are able to send to
learn aliases.

http://gtmp.org/doku.php/publications:sa-postfix-en

for other stuff i use spamass-milter or amavis milter and
clamav-milter with sanesecurity antispam signatures, i never had
urgent need for the dovecot antispam plugin

Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer

- --
[*] sys4 AG