[Dovecot] POP3 Setup help - more info

/dev/rob0 rob0 at gmx.co.uk
Mon Oct 14 19:58:51 EEST 2013

On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 11:16:06AM -0400, Thomas I Higgins wrote:
> Well my last email went unaswered

Not so. You got two replies. If you are not going to read your
replies, you cannot be helped.

> - I assume because I didn't provide enough detailed information.

Both replies noted this. One asked for clarification.

> Not a surprise if that is the case.  Anyway, I also noted that
> there is no dovecot/pop3 process like there is for IMAP. Not
> certain that is wrong, but I am guessing it is.  I am enclosing
> the output from a doveconf -an query - hopefully you can see a
> screenshot,

No, I can't. (I could, but I won't, to be exact.) Please don't post
binary attachments to public mailing lists.

> otherwise I have to figure out how to get it in text form

Yes, you should.

In addition to the ignored replies in the other thread, I'll ask
this: why do you want to use POP3? IMAP can do everything POP3 can
do, and it's superior in many ways. POP3 should have died out a
decade ago.