[Dovecot] POP3 Setup help - more info

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Oct 14 20:02:37 EEST 2013

Am 14.10.2013 18:58, schrieb /dev/rob0:
> In addition to the ignored replies in the other thread, I'll ask
> this: why do you want to use POP3? IMAP can do everything POP3 can
> do, and it's superior in many ways. POP3 should have died out a
> decade ago

say who?

you want to provide storage, backup and responsibility for every
message all users ever received in their live and train them
how to move messages to local folders instead have a typical
POP3 setup with some days keep on server where the user must
not all the time remember that he should act before quota
warnings arrive?

well, you can do so, many others won't