[Dovecot] Strange output from LIST command

azurIt azurit at pobox.sk
Mon Oct 14 22:39:49 EEST 2013

>Quoting azurIt <azurit at pobox.sk>:
>
>> i'm using Dovecot 2.1.7 (Debian Wheezy) and output from LIST command
>> looks strange:
>>
>> C: 4 LIST () "" (INBOX INBOX.Karantena INBOX.Spam) RETURN (STATUS (UNSEEN))
>> S: * LIST () "." "INBOX"
>> S: * LIST () "." "INBOX.Karantena"
>> S: * STATUS "INBOX.Karantena" (UNSEEN 0)
>> S: * LIST () "." "INBOX.Spam"
>> S: * STATUS "INBOX.Spam" (UNSEEN 0)
>> S: 4 OK List completed.
>>
>> The UNSEEN information for INBOX is completely missing. It is
>> correct behavior?
>
>No.  RFC 5819 [2]:
>
>"For each selectable mailbox matching the list pattern and selection
>options, the server MUST return an untagged LIST response followed by
>an untagged STATUS response containing the information requested in
>the STATUS return option."
>
>INBOX matches the list pattern (It is explicitly contained in the
>search list) and the selection options (which is empty), so the server
>MUST return both a LIST response -AND- a STATUS response.
>
>2.1.10 changelog has this cryptic entry:
>	- imap: Various fixes to listing mailboxes.
>
>Maybe that is what fixed things (I don't see this behavior in 2.2.6).
>
>michael

Ok, i have this in my config:

namespace inbox {
  prefix = INBOX.
  separator = .
  inbox = yes
  list = yes
}

Based on migration instructions from here:
http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Migration/Courier

and here:
http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Namespaces

Difference is that second page is using namespace 'inbox' and first not. I tried both and the second was working ok while first was doing problems in IMAP clients (it puts folder tree to different location than it was with Courier).

The problem with LIST command disappears when i comment out line "prefix = INBOX.". Any hints? Thank you.

azur