[Dovecot] Which MTA for a personal-use dovecot instance?

Dan Langille dan at langille.org
Fri Oct 18 21:03:58 EEST 2013

I'm planning to deploy a personal dovecot IMAP server (i.e. I am the
only user) in a FreeBSD jail.

At present, I have IMAP deployed on the same host as one of my mail
servers, which is running Postfix. I do like Postfix, but it seems to be
a bit overkill for this particular situation.

All my incoming MX are provided by Google. They handle the incoming mail
and forward to my private MX, and from there the mail for me goes into
my ~/Maildir.

With the move to IMAP in a jail, I need to get the mail from my private
MX into that jail. All mail being sent to that jail will be destined for
my ~/Maildir, with some massaging via procmail.

Given that I've just started using mail/nullmailer, I was wondering if
there was something simple that I could use.

I was planning to use postfix, require TLS, lock things down tightly.
But I'm open to suggestions for something simple.

--
Dan Langille - http://langille.org/