[Dovecot] Dovecot replication - I'm stuck

IT geek 31 itgeek31 at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 28 11:45:17 EET 2013

Hi Lucas,

Thanks for your response.  I have done that, and when logged into both
servers as the vmail I can SSH to the other server and am not challenged
for a password (I'm using keys).

However when I restart Dovecot I get the following error:

Oct 28 10:36:11 server1 dovecot: dsync-local(vmail): Error: remote:
Permission denied, please try again.
Oct 28 10:36:11 server1 dovecot: dsync-local(vmail): Error: remote:
Permission denied, please try again.
Oct 28 10:36:11 server1 dovecot: dsync-local(vmail): Error: remote:
Permission denied (publickey,password,keyboard-interactive).
Oct 28 10:36:11 server1 dovecot: dsync-local(vmail): Error: read() from
worker server failed: EOF

So even though I can SSH from one server to another using key-based auth
and the vmail account, it appears dsync can't.

Any ideas?

-Mark