[Dovecot] IMAP Dovecot unknown namespace creating root folders

Marcus Lively mlively at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 30 15:17:04 EET 2013

Hi all,
I believe I have worked this out, there is an entry in dovecot.conf for the
private namespace which sets the prefix required to access the namespace as
follows

prefix = INBOX.

I commented this out and restarted dovecot.

I know that I need to make this change in the template for dovecot as the
direct edit of dovecot.conf will be overwritten when dovecot is updated.
I am also checking if there are any implications in doing this, If anyone
knows any please drop me a reply.

Many thanks

Marcus