[Dovecot] IMAP Dovecot unknown namespace creating root folders

Marcus Lively mlively at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 31 03:36:38 EET 2013

Hi All,
 For info I now believe that this is a cPanel issue not a Dovecot issue.
cPanel re-writes dovecot.conf from a template, and what it calls the
datastore. From what I have learnt so far it looks like cPanel seems to have
lost the mechanism to permit you to change the 'prefix' value in the
datastore which I believe should be located at
/var/cpanel/conf/dovecot/main, as it no longer exists. The template
/var/cpanel/templates/dovecot1.2/main.default exists and modifies the
default dovecot.conf and sets it with 'prefix = INBOX.' which I believe is
not a default dovecot.conf value. I was able to get around this by creating
a copy of the main.deafult file which needs to be called main.local in the
same directory and commenting out line 362 as such  '#prefix = [%
namespace_private.prefix %]'

I am still investigating this and will post further info should I find it.

Kind regards

Marcus