[Dovecot] Getting back into Dovecot 2.2.5

Andreas Kasenides andreas at cymail.eu
Mon Sep 2 12:00:22 EEST 2013

On 02-09-2013 07:04, Kai Hendry wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 02, 2013 at 02:37:04AM +0300, Andreas Kasenides wrote:
>
> IIUC Postfix places by default mail in /var/mail/%u as an mbox.
>
> sg:/etc/postfix$ sudo postconf | grep mail_spool
> mail_spool_directory = /var/mail
>
> I think the solution from looking around is to use dovecot as an lda.
> http://wiki2.dovecot.org/LDA/Postfix

Yes! Sorry for not saying that. While the Dovecot LDA is preferred
(it will also do on-line indexing), it is not the only option. Postfix
will also deliver into a maildir (both the local and virtual delivery
agents)
if you just add a "/" at the end of the delivery directory!

I prefer the Dovecot LDA of course with necessary Postfix configs for
it.

By the way I consider mbox format to be a relic of the mail systems.
But it may be what you are looking for a really small setup to get away
from Gmail.
Straight forward and simple.

Andreas