[Dovecot] Deleting messages with Mac Mail via IMAP

Urban Loesch bind at enas.net
Tue Sep 3 21:27:24 EEST 2013

Hi,

if I remember correctly, there is no option in the IMAP protocol to move
a message per se.

Moving a message to trash or elswere will copy the message first and
then mark the message as deleted from original folder. If you would like
to delete it immediately after storing in the odther folder, there must
be some flag (expunge) to set in your mail client.

As I just said, I'm not shure if I rember correctly.

Regards
Urban